Pages

Saturday, September 22, 2012

Rainbow Trails

"Walk on a rainbow trail; walk on a trail of song, and all about you will be beauty. There is a way out of every dark mist, over a rainbow trail."

-Virginia Woolf

     I was so excited when Motel's rainbow "dip-dye" jeans landed in the Last Hurrah Sale on Modcloth.com a few weeks ago- it was a dream come true!  The possibilites with these jeans are endless.  I went totally rainbow for this outfit, but they would look equally amazing with a black or white top or some other "blank canvas" to pop against.  I find it hard to be in a bad mood or to not see the "brighter" side of life while dressed as a rainbow.  This rainbow outfit (although one of many ;) makes me so happy, and I love when people walk by and smile even if they don't say anything.  For me, style is all about having fun, loosening up and playing a little.  Putting on clothes in the morning is like playing dress up, you can do a little something different every day, it feels nice to wear things that express your personality and inject some extra fun into your day.  Even if it's something simple, like a funky bracelet, a printed scarf, or fun brightly colored shoes, adding a unique piece or two to your outfit goes a long way! So go ahead, show your "true colors":) What kind of fashion makes you happy?









Pink Rhinestone necklace by H&M
Multi-colored rhinestone necklace by Anthropologie


Rhinestone earrings by H&M (only $7.95!!!)

     For anyone out there who thinks they "can't do color" I promise, you can!  You can wear anything that you want to wear, you just have to believe in yourself and be confident that you look beautiful!  Plus, it is the best remedy for a bad mood or a rainy day!  Have a great weekend :)

xo

P.S.  Photo cred- Super thanks to my hubs who took these awesome photos and also made me extra delicious buckwheat pancakes this morning!! :)

5 comments:

  1. Love all the colors and really love your blog background!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much Madeline! I was really excited when I found the that floral fabric, I knew it would be perfect as a background image :)

      Delete
  2. I love, love, LOVE your style!! Your clothes and accesories are fanastic. I also dress in bright colours, shoes, jewelry, etc all the time. I'm always on the hunt for great pieces. Nothing better than bright colours! Keep it going :) You look great.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much Bristol!!! And I totally agree :) :) Bright colours are the best!

      Delete