Pages

Tuesday, September 18, 2012

Getting to know you..




     So, if I am going to have a blog, I figured I should tell you a little more about myself.  I will be fairly honest here so you can get a real idea!

     When it comes to fashion- I am usually quite the maximalist.  I know, I know, the simpletons out there are all ready to push the little ex in the corner, but I am just letting you know ahead of time, my blog is not going to be a bare bones approach to style.  I am all about piling on the layers, colors, textures, prints, patterns, whatever it may be!  This doesn't mean that I am maxxed out 24/7,  and of course I can appreciate simplified style, but I LOVE to make my outfits a work of art, and for me that means being as creative as possible, so they never come out simple.

     I try to see the bright, sunny things in life.  I am not always good at doing this, in fact many times I fail at it, but when I do, I push myself harder to try and see the positive rather than the negative.  If we don't enjoy all of the simple things in life, even when everything else seems to be going wrong, what's the point?  Take the time to listen to a new song, hold a hand, dance, breathe, whatever!  Just enjoy feeling yourself in the moment and if things start going too fast, pause, take a deep breath, and just enjoy the present, it's all we will ever have! Take time for yourself, take a walk, write, draw, or whatever outlet helps you release negative emotions or stress.  Accept that you ARE enough, and perfectly wonderful the way you are. Don't forget that above all else is love...it sounds cliche, but it is so true!

     I have a wonderful husband, and our one year anniversary is coming up <3  I have undergone so many changes this past year and had so many ups and downs, surprises and revelations, and he has been the most understanding person possible!  He helped ease my transition from the sticks to a busy off-highway apartment complex, and all the "adulthood" changes that came with getting married and making my own life.  He is simply amazing!

     I love vintage clothing, especially the bright and bold 60s, mushrooms, owls, butterflies and moths  (obviously ;) painting, photography,reading, foreign films and documentaries, exploring abandoned buildings, walks in the forest, baking and cooking, floral prints and polka dots, kawaii prints (like ice cream cones and cupcakes :)  yoga, bananas and peanut butter, avacadoes! colors and more colors!

     So, there is much more I could add to this..but that will come along the way.  I just thought it would be nice to give everyone a little overview :)  I hope you are all having a wonderful day and I hope to have my first outfit look book up soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment