Pages

Sunday, April 13, 2014

Spring has Sprung!

Happy April, Everyone!

March was quite an adventure!  Snow, then warmth- then rain.  I thought the spring would never come, but it is supposed to get up to 80 today in Delaware and saying that I am excited would be an understatement!

These photos were actually taken last weekend, our "trend" weekend at work was Garden Party (yes, that was allll me ;)  and I was super excited to wear my bright lace and sequin dress for the occasion.  I have been busy working lately, but the daylight hours are longer which leaves a lot more time for play!  My rainbow bike is once again making an appearance on the street, I have ordered new supplies to make my jewelry, and I have registered for Delaware's Fun-A-Day project again this year, which I have chosen a photography theme for this time around.  (Time to break out those camera skills!!)
I am looking forward to the adventures to come.  In May, Daniel and I will be visiting some family out in Missouri, one of my very good friends is getting married at the Beach, and I will be working diligently on my photography project.  Last month, Daniel and I took an impromptu trip to Connecticut; ate at an adorable vegetarian restaurant, stayed in a cozy hotel, and found some fun vintage treasures in a little clothing store in downtown New Haven, (as well as an amazing antique mall!).  I am planning on doing a post soon on our trip!!




      Most of all, I have been trying to appreciate the small things in life, and spend as much time as possible with my family and friends; it never feels like enough time to be with them!

     Lots of walks, lots of fresh air, and being surrounded by trees and wildlife.

     On Tuesday, I will be teaching my mom's preschool class about bugs! (and five other classes in her school!) I am really happy to be able to have those small opportunities to do something I truly love, teach kids about insects!

     I fantasize about having my own butterfly center one day, and being the "butterfly lady"! :)
This Spring, I am also hoping to become part of an organic CSA; I love using fresh fruits and vegetables in every meal and  supporting local agriculture, so I am looking into different programs and hope to settle on one soon.  I also just got The Forest Feast by Erin Gleeson, and am super excited to have some more simple and creative ideas for vegetables and fruits. The book is both a feast for the palate AND for the eyes, she really did an incredible job putting it together!

Well, get out there an enjoy the spring air and I will talk to you all very soon!!

xo, Alyssa

11 comments:

  1. Yay, I was so glad to see you come on my Blogger feed today! I always LOVE reading your lovely posts. Sounds like you have so many great upcoming plans! That's so nice. Spring and summer just make it so much easier and nicer to go on little trips, and do more activities.
    You look so pretty and adorable, as always! :) Enjoy the great weather today!! We are also having amazing weather here in NJ.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh wow! You look so so so great :)
    I love those colours on you!!! Very awesome outfit and pics!
    xoxo from Munich

    ReplyDelete
  3. It’s so exciting to see another post from you, you’re definitely the most inspiring blogger with your outfits. The lace dress is absolutely super stunning and I adore your coat. You never fail to disappoint. Your hair looks amazing and I love the flower crown. It sounds like an eventful time coming up for you and I hope you enjoy all those experiences. Appreciating the small things in life is important too and I really need to get better at that.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is super cute <3 I love the mix of prints and bright colors. The coat is fantastic!

    - Anna

    www.melodicthriftychic.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. Such beautiful items! I love all of the texture in this outfit, the dress and blouse look so fun together and the colors are AMAZING! Being a butterfly lady sounds great. I love butterflies :) I finally went to visit the butterfly house here a while ago and I wanted to stay there forever!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Slowly catching up my blog reading...
    I do love that coat!
    I've been really trying to focus on the little things too at the moment - It's nice to make things a little simpler at times.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love this outfit it is so fun and makes me happy! :)

    www.ensembledeux.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. pretty nice blog, following :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. That coat is to die for. Love how it complements the tights.

    ReplyDelete