Most of you probably know that I am crazy about bright colors, but I also really love pastels! They're wonderful in the spring, but I also love to break them out in the middle of winter when everything seems gloomy and gray, they just instantly lighten up my day and remind me that spring is just around the corner! (well, sort of). Also, almost everything from this outfit was a bargain or a special find (don't you love those?). The dress was off a $5 rack at Retrospect in Philly, the clutch was $14 at an Antique Mall, the bow was $3, and the belt was found at Goodwill for a dollar. The coat was also on sale (it's actually from the Candy's collection) but I don't remember how much that was..style on a budget, yay! Anyway, I had a lot of fun putting this outfit together and using all of my fun hodge podge necklaces to layer on top of it.
Dress: retrospect, Bow: Icing, Tights: WeLoveColors, Clutch: antique mall, Necklaces: vintage and forever 21, belt: Goodwill, Bracelet: Francesca's
Spring flowers remind me of warmer days <3
Do you like wearing pastels too?
And now onto the random facts!!
Thanks so much to Suvi over at www.sutuko.blogspot.com for nominating me for the versatile blogger award! I like that it doesn't take too much work to pass the award along because I am horrible at reposting these things, but it's a really good way to share a little more about myself, so I appreciate it! :)
Instructions are to
- Nominate some other new bloggers
- Let them know you have nominated them
- Share 7 random facts about yourself
- Thank the blogger who has nominated you
- Add the Versatile Blogger Award to your post
The other bloggers that I would like to nominate are:
* Larissa from Ce n'est que de la chance
* Pati from Nebula in Bloom
* Sarah C. from Sarah J See
* Sofia from The Lovely Hunter
* Angel from Artsy Angel
7 random facts about me:
I came to the conclusion that it's hard to pick only 7, but here they go!!
1. I grew up in the woods (and basically in the middle of nowhere), and had few neighbors. It shaped who I am today in sooo many ways. I have a deeply rooted interest in the outdoors, and in plants and animals. I love dressing up, but I also love being outside- and yes, I mix the two all the time. I've worn bow flats while hiking, walked through thorn bushes with tights on and waded through the creek wearing a dress (none of them were great ideas, but who I am nonetheless haha).
2. My favorite color is yellow! I've been through a few favorite colors in my 25 years, but for the past 3 or 4 I have settled on yellow, I think I could say I've finally found my very favorite, unless "rainbow" counts, but it many cases, it doesn't :p
3. I LOVE exploring abandoned buildings (which you probably could have guessed) and I used to belong to an urban exploring group. We all sort of got busy with our adult lives but I still keep in touch with a lot of them- they are awesome people, and I went to some of the most amazing places with them; abandoned mills, hospitals, military bases, power plants, and huge houses. I find something so invigorating about stepping into a place that is frozen in time yet shows the wear and tear of many years. They are so mysterious and full of history, and if the walls could speak, you better believe they would have a lot to say! My love of photography really developed when I started taking pictures of abandoned buildings, and I did my senior art project on them in college!
4. I am just shy of 5"9! It may be hard to tell (maybe it's not) in my pictures, but yes, I am tall :) Since I got tall (which wasn't until half way through high school) I've felt a little self-conscious of my height, but personal style has really changed that. Style has helped me to really embrace who I am and accept every part of me, including loving my height! I am also a really lucky lady with a 6"7 husband, so I can wear heels whenever I darn well please! :)
5. My hair was once bleached blonde on top and black on the bottom. Maybe I should post a picture of it sometime, haha. It was really fun and I enjoyed having it, but it got expensive to maintain and was a little rough on my hair. After that it was completely black, and then I dyed it red for a while until it said "enough is enough!" so I grew the dye out and am now back to my natural hair for the time being (besides some random feather extensions and color streaks), and hoping to grow it out longer.
6. I am gluten and cow dairy intolerant, but this has only made me extremely creative in my cooking! I enjoy so many yummy foods, two of my favorites are peanut butter and avocados (not together) but separately I find them both quite delectable. I am a huge fan of ethnic food; Asian, Mexican, Indian and Middle Eastern, there are so many wonderful, delicious options. I am big on supporting local and organic farming practices, and eating delicious whole and fresh foods. I also love experimenting with baking! Quinoa stuffed winter squash with goat cheese and balsamic dressing is one of my favorite dishes, oh and homemade falafel with curried lentils and vegetables, and...ok, I'll stop there :)
7. I love yoga! I take a class every Tuesday with my mom, in an old barn on a beautiful farm. It's a really nice way to start the week :)
I hope that you found these random facts interesting and that they helped you to learn more about me :)