Pages

Saturday, October 6, 2012

Embracing Autumn Woodland Style


I am so inspired by the colors, scents, and atmosphere of fall.  The summer is so hot, vivid, bright and exciting, yet... sweltering.  And then- so slowly and easily, autumn sweeps in with a cool and refreshing breeze.  Apples ripen- a light musk blows through the air from kicked up leaves, and a release of the harsh humidity sends us all swooning for pumpkin goodies and warm soups.  The trees breathe a sigh of relief as they shed their leaves and start their restoration for the colder months.  So too is a time for all of creation to refresh and restore.  As fall creeps back in, so does my desire to cuddle up on the couch in warm blankets- with a mug of hot apple cider and a good book (or movie ;)  For me- fall is a time to get reconnected with the outdoors, in a comfortable, easy and carefree sort of way.   Finally outdoor yoga feels cozy again, hikes can be done without shedding extra layers, and the possibilities with fashion are endless!  I love layering and mixing different scarves, skirts, tops, and headpieces and fall is the perfect time to do it!  Be inspired by nature this fall and let it shape your style in your own way.  For me that means adding feminine and bohemian touches like hair wreaths, brightly patterned scarves, and soft waves in my hair.  Try incorporating deep berry shades like purple and burgundy, forest green, mustard yellow and "pumpkin" orange to make the transition into fall.


Like this hair wreath?  You can find it here in my newly opened Etsy shop!  I will be adding more fun and romantic items in the next few weeks.  

Hair Wreath, Necklace and Bracelet by The Lemon Moth, Scarf by H&M, dress by Francesca's, Shoes by Irregular Choice

I love the sound of crunchy leaves underneath my feet <3

Happy Fall to All!

My apologies for slacking the last few days on my blog- I have been working hard to try and get my etsy site up, as well as planning Daniel and my first Anniversary trip back to Virginia next week!  We are so excited to go back to Chestnut Hill B&B and can't wait to get a breath of fresh air from busy Delaware!  

What is your favorite thing about Autumn?  Is it your favorite season?  Spring and Fall are equally my favorite times of the year, and I am so excited to try all sorts of pumpkin recipes this October!  Pumpkin pie, cookies, butters, soups, tarts, drinks, I am sure there are many more possibilities and I intend on passing them on to you when I try them out!

2 comments:

  1. I LOVE your shoes, they're adorable! and they looks so soft and comfy, too. really digging your blog, by the way! :)

    -elizabeth
    stoicandpariah.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aw, thank you Elizabeth! I have to say, your blog is also pretty darn snazzy! And the shoes are seriously comfy :D Please keep checking back and enjoying my site :)

      Delete